View this newsletter on Mailchimp here: http://eepurl.com/Wdner
We want to say thank you to our supporters of our work of teaching, discipleship and counseling at Quisqueya Christian School in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Thank you for your financial support and your prayers! We depend on supporters like you to continue our ministry.
An update on the Pruitt’s in Haiti:
We are already almost halfway through our fourth year here. It has been a busy, good and productive year so far, and teaching, discipleship and counseling are going well. Several students re-committed themselves to Christ, and there have been many other ministry opportunities.
One highlight for Robbie so far this year has been helping to lead the Senior Hike to a pine forest tucked high in the Haitian mountains. The weekend retreat was truly Spirit-filled, as the students grew closer to God and to one another. A particularly meaningful moment for the group was an evening devotion time, during which students shared areas in which they needed to grow in wisdom. The students shared openly and honestly, and supported one another with true kindness, creating deep bonds of friendship and community.
We have also enjoyed hosting dinner and a Bible study at our apartment once a month. This weekly gathering (usually hosted by another couple), is an oasis of refreshment and fellowship for the community of teachers, who are often in need of a boost mid-week. Since we are blessed with a little more living space, we have been happy to extend hospitality to our friends and colleagues in this way.
We continue to count on supporters of our work and we need committed monthly donors. We are currently running a deficit of $1,500 a month in committed monthly contributions. If you would like to financially partner with our work of Bible teaching, discipleship and counseling in Haiti, please click here. We appreciate your partnership in this ministry.
- For Robbie’s students, that they are open to grow closer to God and receive the Good News of the Gospel
- For Robbie as he teaches and continues to take classes toward his Masters in Theology degree at CIU.
- For wisdom for Irene as she mothers Grace and counsels students and staff.
- For balance in life, ministry and work for us as a family, in a sometimes challenging place to live
- For our travels and fundraising efforts around Christmas time
- For Robbie as he prepares to travel on an Israel study tour in the spring, as part of his Master’s program
- For opportunities to multiply influence and develop leaders around us
To read an article in the Quisqueya Christian School newsletter, click here.